Swagger Overview ::
1. Swagger is an open source software framework backed by a large ecosystem of tools that helps developers design, build, document, and consume RESTful Web services.
2. The Swagger API project was created in 2011 by Tony Tam, Technical co-founder of the dictionary site Wordnik.
3. While most users identify Swagger by the Swagger UI tool, the Swagger toolset includes support for automated documentation, code generation, and test case generation.
What is Swagger UI tool ::
1. Swagger UI is an open source project to visually render documentation for an API defined with the OpenAPI (Swagger) Specification.
2. Using SWagger UI ,One can see all the restful services ,request url,request body and response body.
3. Swagger UI is so simple to use.It can be used by Developer,Tester,Business Analyst,DevOps etc.
4. Swagger UI is very helpful in Development and Testing phase of a project .
5. Swagger UI is the preferred tool now a days as it is used for developing APIs,interacting with APIs and documenting APIs
Adavatages/Usage of Swagger ::
1. Swagger open source tool can be used for developing APIS. It can generate open API document based on code.Swagger follows bottom-up or code-first API Development.API description,sample input is automated using Swagger Tool.
2. Swagger open source tool can be used for interacting with APIs.Using the swagger-codegen project, end users generate client SDKs directly from the Open API document, reducing the need for manual client coding done by developer.
3. Swagger open source tool can be used for documenting APIs.Rest requests can be made directly from the swagger UI .Using swagger UI ,the swagger tool project allows direct interaction with API with HTML-based user interface.Request Body can be manipulated and Response body can be seen in the same UI.Swagger also shows you the error and error description,if any error occurs.